- 500 gms Raw mangoes
- 3 tbsp Fenugreek seeds
- 4 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp Red chili powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 350 mls Mustard oil
- Annapurna K No. 1 Asafoetida
- Salt As per taste
- 1. Cut raw mangoes into half, remove seed and then cut ith inch sized pieces
- 2. Apply turmeric powder and salt, rub nicely and ther keep it for half an hour. Drain out excess moisture.
- 3. Grind fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds and mustard seeds to a coarse powder
- 4. Heat mustard oil until smoking point, remove and it cool.
- 5. Mix fenugreek seeds, fennel and mustard powder let Methi Papad Ingredients: 1 Kg split black gram (urad dal flou) s0gm salt
- 1 kg split black gram (urad dal flour)
- 50gm salt
- 50gm papad khar
- 35gm black pepper
- 1 ltr water
- 10gm Annapurna K No. 1 Hing
- 1. Take urad dal flour in a bowl, add 35gm of black pepper and 10gms of annapurna hing and 50gms of salt. mix all dry ingredients.
- 2. Take 1ltr of water put it to boil. Once boiled take it of the stove and put papad khar. Stir it and let it cool for 1/2hr.
- 3. U will find papad khar setting down, take the top water of ot and make a dough.
- 4. Put this dough in the mixer and kneed it. Make small rolls of it and cut it into pieces which can be rolled to papad.
- 2 teacups plain flour
- 4 tablespoons hot melted ghee
- ½ teaspoon kalonji
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon khus-khus
- ¼ teaspoon Annapurna KNT Asafoetida powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 big red Kashmiri chilies
- 4 cardamoms,
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kalonji
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- salt to taste, Ghee for deep frying.
For the dough
- Sieve the flour very well.
- Add the ghee, kalonji and salt and prepare a stiff dough for puri by adding water.
- Knead very well.
For the stuffing
- Soak the khus-khus in very little water and make a thick paste of it.
- In a tava (or skillet), roast the asafoetida, cumin seeds, chillies, cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon for 2 minutes. Powder the roasted spices very well.
- Heat the ghee in vessel and fry the ginger and sambhar kalonji for ½ minute.
- Add the khus-khus and fry again for 1 minute. Take the vessel off the fire.
- Add the powdered masala and salt. Mix very well.
How to proceed
- Divide the dough into 20 balls.
- Roll out one ball a little and put ½ teaspoon of filling in the center. Lift the edges towards the center and close the center so as to completely envelope the stuffing. Roll again.
- Repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Deep fry in hot ghee.
For the Sambhar
- 1cup toovar dal (arhar)
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 brinjals cubed
- 1 drumstick, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon tamannd pulp (imlb)
- salt to taste
For the Sambhar Masala
- 6 to 8 red chilles
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 1 tablespoon toovar dal (arhar)
- 1 tablespoon split Bengal gram (chana dal)
- 1 tablespoon split black gram (urad dal)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Annapurna K No. 1 Asafoetida khada or powder
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 400 gms Green chili
- 4 tbsp Mustard seeds.
- 2 tsp Turmeric powder.
- 12 no Lime.
- 400 mls Oil.
- Salt as per taste
- 1. Grind mustard seeds to a coarse powder.
- 2. Cut limes into eight pieces.
- 3. Slit green chilies and cut them into half inch long pieces
- 4. Mix powdered mustard seeds, turmeric powder and salt with green chili and lime pieces.
- 5. Transfer this to a sterilized glass bottle or an earthenware jar. Pour oil on top and shake the bottle well.
- Basmati rice 1 cup
- shelled peas 1 cup
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp.
- Onion (medium) 1 nos.
- Oil 3 tbsps
- Salt To taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Annapurna Superfine Asafoetida powder
- 1. Pick, wash and soak rice for twenty minute. Cut onion lengthwise.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, once it starts to crackle add Asafoetida and onions.
- 3. Fry till transluscent. Add peas, sauté for 2-3 minutes
- 4. Drain soaked rice and add.
- 5. Pour water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- 6. Reduce heat, cover with lid, cook till all water is absorbed.
- 7. Serve hot.
- 400gm paneer
- 2 slices (each 8cm X 7cm X 1cm) bread
- 1 small (75gm) onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 11/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoan pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Annapurna yellow Asafoetida powder
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1.immerse bread in water for 15 seconds. Squeeze out and discard water. Shred bread into tiny pieces.
- Mix gently with fingertips paneer, bread and all other ingredients except oil. Make 20 slightly rounded patties about 5cm in diameter, 1cm thick.
- 3. Spread 1 teaspoon oil on pan(tava). Place on medium heat for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add 4 patice. Fry on both sides till golden brown (about 3 minutes on each side). Remove. Fry remaining in the same way, except do not increase or reduce the heat. Serve hot.
- New potatoes/small old potatoes 10-12 nos.
- Cloves 4 nos.
- Poppy seeds 2-3 tsp.
- Green cardamoms 2 nos Green chilies 2 nos.
- Fresh root ginger, grated 1cm/
- 1/2 teaspoon Annapurna Superfine Asafoetida
- Garlic 3 cloves, Natural yogurt 150 ml.
- Ghee 50gms
- Grated onions 2 nos.
- Ground coriander 1 tsp.,Ground cumin 1 tsp.
- Chili powder 1 tsp.
- Turmeric 1/2tsp.
- Water 450 ml. Peas 100 gms.
- Single cream 2 tbsp. Sugar 1/2tsp
- Salt To taste
- 1. Scrub, scrape or peel the potatoes, then prick them thoroughly using a cocktail stick. Place the potatoes in a basin, cover with cold water and allow to soak for about 10 minutes
- 2. Grind the cloves, poppy seeds, cardamoms, chilies, ginger and garlic to a paste.
- 3. Drain the potatoes, then mix them with the Curd/Yogurt, paste and salt. Allow to stand for 1 hour
- 4. Melt the ghee in a heavy-based saucepan and for the grated onion in it