2 teacups plain flour, 4 tablespoons hot melted
ghee, ½ teaspoon kalonji,¾ teaspoon salt, 4
tablespoon khus-khus, ¼ teaspoon Annapurna
KNT Asafoetida powder, 2 teaspoon cumin
seeds, 4 big red Kashmiri chilies, 4 cardamoms,
4 cloves, 2 sticks cinnamon, ½ teaspoon kalonji,
½ teaspoon ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ghee, salt
to taste, Ghee for deep frying.
Procedure: For the dough
- Sieve the flour very well.
- Add the ghee, kalonji and salt and
prepare a stiff dough for puri by adding
- Knead very well.
For the stuffing
- Soak the khus-khus in very little water
and make a thick paste of it.
- In a tava (or skillet), roast the
asafoetida, cumin seeds, chillies,
cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon for 2
minutes. Powder the roasted spices very
- Heat the ghee in vessel and fry the
ginger and sambhar kalonji for ½ minute.
- Add the khus-khus and fry again for 1
minute. Take the vessel off the fire.
- Add the powdered masala and salt. Mix
How to proceed
- Divide the dough into 20 balls.
- Roll out one ball a little and put ½
teaspoon of filling in the center. Lift the
edges towards the center and close the
center so as to completely envelope the
stuffing. Roll again.
- Repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Deep fry in hot ghee.